Friday 3 February 2012

February 3, 2012

Hi all

Not too much new on our end.  Work is keeping both Jim and I busy.  Alex is finally settled at school, although not really until 2 days ago.  I hope that this is it. Today I went to my third AMPATH site and the district hospital attached to it for a site visit.  I learn something new here everyday.  My learning curve is very steep as it always is in the first 6 months on a new job.  Add a new country to that and I think it doubles. The good thing is that the things that I learned this week will push us forward much more quickly on this project which is good (ie.  some of the work was previously done but not implemented on another project). 

We were tourists last weekend.  We went to Lake Baringo which is east and north from here. We stayed at an absolutely lovely place called Lake Baringo Island camp.  It was so hot that all you could do was sit by the pool, read, talk and swim.  Lovely.  Can't swim in the lake though unless you like swimming with crocs.  The food was excellent.  The company was great.  On the boat ride to the island Alex said, "this is like being in a movie".  Boy didn't he get it right.  The location and people (a very interesting group) would make the perfect movie.  On Saturday, Alex spent from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. in the pool with his friend Otte. You will see them in the pics.  Needless to say he was a little tired.  I surprised he made it for the early morning boat ride on Sunday, but he did. Good thing because we saw two hippos swimming.  Hung out and watched them for about 10 minutes.  Saw many great birds.

If I can get Jim on here to write, you could hear about his hospital tour with the Palliative care program. 

Take care all. Lori


Our friend Ash

Friend Paula on the left


Otte - Paula and Ash's Foster Son and Alex's friend











 

No comments:

Post a Comment